Want to cook crispy sepankizhangu but scared to deep fry? Then this sepankizhangu roast in an air fryer is the perfect way to cook these crispy arbi.
Arbi or seppankizhangu is a root which most of us like to eat in the roasted form. However, the word roasting does bring in the image of usage of lots of oil and slow cooking in low flame. Now, if you are person who does not have time to do this traditional slow-roasting then you would rather skip roasting it. Lots of oil is a big no to many of us. So the appliance which comes to the rescue is an air fryer. Here the hot air is circulated to cook your food giving you the feel and texture of roasted or fried food with minimum or no oil. To make such a lovely delicious roasted seppankizhangu in air fryer try this seppankizhangu roast in an air fryer or the arbi roast in an air fryer.
Is this a question which pops up in your mind the moment you see the post? Well. An air fryer is definitely not mandatory to make sepankizhangu roast. Our elders cooked lovely crispy sepankizhangu roast aka arbi roast in an open pot. However, the only point taken into consideration while cooking the same in an air fryer is the minimum usage of oil. You can make a similar Oven Roasted Arbi too.
Let me take you through the simple way of preparing this crispy sepankizhangu roast in an air fryer. These step by step will be helpful to do the same.
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder 1.5 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
1. Cook the arbi in enough water till it is soft. Let it cool and then peel the skin. Cut into thin discs. I cook the sepankizhangu in a pressure cooker up to 2 whistles.
2. Now sprinkle turmeric, chilli powder, Asafoetida and salt on this and mix well.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 180C for 3 minutes
4. Transfer the prepared root to the basket of the air fryer
5. Air fry it for 8 minutes. Once turn all the pieces over and further air fry it for 5 minutes or till it becomes crispy.
Serve with rice and sambhar
You can leave me an answer, a comment or a suggestion.